- Posted by:
- Posted on:
Logitech Smart Dock, install, manual, review, SetPoint, Unifying, Driver and Software Download for Windows And Mac– The SmartDock is a circular, pivoting dock that holds a Core i5– based Surface area Pro 4 at a comfortable 45-degree angle. The shiny black unit gauges 9.4 by 13.2 by 8.2 inches (HWD). It’s also relatively heavy, at a little over 6 extra pounds, and that’s an and also: You do not desire a stand that’s quickly tipped over or purloined from your boardroom. As a whole, the device has an easy, eye-catching, as well as businesslike appearance. One key to recognizing the SmartDock is the way it expands the Surface Pro’s interfaces. The tablet itself only supplies two adapters (one USB 3.0, one Mini DisplayPort) for peripherals.
The tablet computer’s Surface Link port (which generally attaches to the power line) lets the SmartDock expand I/O to consist of 2 HDMI ports supporting as much as 1080p60, one HDMI input sustaining material sharing approximately 1,920 by 1,200 at 60 frames per 2nd (fps), a Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) port, three USB 3.1 Type-A ports, and also a Kensington safety port. Taking the Surface Area Pro out of the dock is feasible, yet doing so includes eliminating a lot of screws. Notably, there’s no accessibility to the real ports on the dock– rather, Logitech gives wires for everything. That saves you from the migraine of various other meeting room site visitors unplugging things, which can delay your succeeding conferences while you plug in gadgets once again.
As pointed out earlier, I find out about this from firsthand experience: I can not inform you the number of times I have actually shown up for our weekly conference, as well as every little thing, has been separated from the freestanding laptop computer we make use of. The plan I got really did not include assembly directions, but those are easily offered online at Logitech’s assistance site. The required star-headed Torx screwdriver is included to aid to set up the Surface area Pro into the dock, which you do by eliminating four screws that secure the bottom of the base. Doing so exposes no fewer than 8 ports: 3 HDMI (2 out, one in), the three USB 3.1 Type-A, Ethernet, as well as power.
When I removed the covers, connected in all the cable televisions, as well as powered up the Surface area Pro 4, the software setup introduced. The four-step procedure begins by asking you to consent to the permit terms. Second, you sign in to your Skype for Organization account and go into any type of Exchange web server or additional domains. Next, you can enable 2 feature settings: concealing conference names (which can be important for conferences concerning settlement and the like) as well as automatically sharing the Surface’s display to any type of plugged-in screen. Ultimately, you’re asked to affix the Surface to the dock; connecting in the dock sufficed, because the Surface area was currently installed. A notice told me that the Surface area wasn’t attached to the Web. You can just link by means of Ethernet, which seems a restriction, albeit one based upon safety and security and also integrity. Logitech SMART DOCK Driver, Specs And Software Download For Windows And Mac
Logitech SMART DOCK Specifications
|Connection Type||Connects to Surface Pro using Surface Connect Port|
|Indicator Lights (LED)||White LED indicates the status of the dock|
|Connections||2 Video Output – HDMI Video Input – HDMI Video Output – USB Audio Output – 3.5mm Headphone/Microphone Combo 2 USB 3.1 SuperSpeed Ethernet RJ45|
|Power Type||AC/DC Adapter – 100-240V, 15V, 50/60hZ|
|Mountable||Yes using included Velcro Pad or VESA mounting plate|
Logitech SMART DOCK Driver and Software For Windows:
Logitech SMART DOCK manual:
Reinstall the device driver
- In the search box on the taskbar, enter the device manager, then select Device Manager.
- Right-click (or press and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall.
- Restart your PC.
- Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
How do I manually install a driver?
- Go to Control Panel and open Device Manager.
- Find the device that you are trying to install a driver.
- Right-click the device and select properties.
- Select the Driver tab, then click the Update Driver button.
- Choose to Browse my computer for driver software.
- Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
How to Install Device Drivers in Windows 10
- Visit the part manufacturer’s website and download the latest Windows driver.
- Run the driver’s installation program.
- Right-click the Start button and choose Device Manager from the pop-up menu.
- Click your problematic device listed in the Device Manager window.
Mac OS X
- On the Apple menu, click System Preferences.
- Click Microsoft Mouse.
- Click Add. …
- In the Choose a file window, locate the program that you want to assign custom settings to, and then click the program’s executable file.
- Click Open.
- Configure the mouse settings for that program.