- Posted by:
- Posted on:
Logitech Performance MX, Logitech Performance Mouse MX, install, manual, review, SetPoint, Unifying, Driver and Software Download for Windows And Mac –Up until last year, the laser sensor had established itself as the mouse industry standard, even in high-performance gaming mice. While capable of much greater accuracy than the old IR sensor, the common mouse laser is limited in the kinds of surfaces on which it can track. Irregular surfaces, like cloth, or shiny surfaces, like glass, mirrors, and even marble countertops and varnished wood can throw off the reading.
Microsoft solved most of those issues with its BlueTrack sensor at the end of 2008. BlueTrack projects a wider, more intense beam of light than traditional laser mice. The only solid surface it can’t handle is glass. Here’s where Darkfield has its edge. We tested the Logitech Performance Mouse MX and Microsoft’s BlueTrack-powered Explorer Mouse on a fully transparent glass table, and on another glass table with a frosted underside.
In both cases, the Logitech mouse maintained its signal while the Microsoft mouse failed. The Logitech mouse also handled all of the surfaces the BlueTrack mouse pioneered, from carpet to a pants leg, to high-gloss marble. Mirrored surfaces are still too challenging for either mouse. We can’t claim to have tried every variety of glass out there.
Your results may vary with safety glass, tinted glass, and other surface treatments and material combinations that find their way into a potential work surface. Still, we’re comfortable saying that transparent glass is among the more common potential mousing surfaces out there. And if you’ve1 longed1 to go mouse1 pad-free1 on that1 glass-topped coffee table or desk, Logitech’s Darkfield sensor can make that dream a reality. Microsoft’s BlueTrack sensor can’t. Logitech Performance MX Driver, Specs, And Software Download For Windows And Mac
Logitech Performance MX Specifications
|Mouse||Performance Mouse MX|
|Software Support||SetPoint 4.80, LCC 3.0, Unifying Software (NOTE: Check website for the latest software release)|
|Connection Type||Cordless USB|
|Sensor Type||Invisible Laser (Darkfield)|
|Connect / Power Button||On/Off Switch|
|Battery Size and Type||1 AA NiMH (Rechargeable)|
Logitech Performance MX Driver and Software For Windows:
Logitech Performance MX Driver and Software For Mac:
Logitech Performance MX Manual:
Reinstall the device driver
- In the search box on the taskbar, enter the device manager, then select Device Manager.
- Right-click (or press and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall.
- Restart your PC.
- Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
How do I manually install a driver?
- Go to Control Panel and open Device Manager.
- Find the device that you are trying to install a driver.
- Right-click the device and select properties.
- Select the Driver tab, then click the Update Driver button.
- Choose to Browse my computer for driver software.
- Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
How to Install Device Drivers in Windows 10
- Visit the part manufacturer’s website and download the latest Windows driver.
- Run the driver’s installation program.
- Right-click the Start button and choose Device Manager from the pop-up menu.
- Click your problematic device listed in the Device Manager window.
Mac OS X
- On the Apple menu, click System Preferences.
- Click Microsoft Mouse.
- Click Add. …
- In the Choose a file window, locate the program that you want to assign custom settings to, and then click the program’s executable file.
- Click Open.
- Configure the mouse settings for that program.